SO here’s my part on the BOYCOTT BLOGGER CAMPAIGN
started by ruhi. She has rightly mentioned one of the most annoying features of the blogger that is while commenting it ask us to do it anonymously , i guess there’s no point in commenting like that.Comments are one of the most important things through which we bloggers create a good rapport with each other.We are asked to give our nicknames for some absurd security reason whcih doesn’t strike the chord at all , its just a cheap ploy to increase the users ..
though i started blogging on wordpress i have tried blogger too and let me tell u frankly i could stand for more than 3 posts.Here are some of the other reasons why you shouldn’t use blogger and why you should shift to wordpress :-
- Cumbersome editing required-Unlike wordpress u need to do a good amount of html coding if u want it to be organized and flashy where as everything in wordpress is just a click away.
- Themes and templates – Yes, templates are good in blogger bu in the end all look alike there’s not much of a range there.I feel themes are one of the most imp. criterion for attracting readers.
- NO BLOGSTATS – i have been always eager to look into my blogstats even if it doesn’t change once in a while😛 atleast wordpress has this feature and also provides an analysis of ur whole visitors,top visitors and ofcourse the search engine items…on the other hand with blogger you have to search for some other extra widget like sitecounter for the same.
- PLUGINS – There are a lot of plugins that have been at the users disposal in wordpress but i guess blogger has nothing as such called plugins.
- USER FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT – well ,there’s no comparison with the complicated blogger with the user friendly wordpress. Take my word ,all blogger users try once wordpress u will know what user friendliness means.
- Well ,this reason is my personal one , blogger takes eternity to open .i dont know why but the loading time scuks for blogger compared to WP.
These are the reasons why i feel you should shift to WP immediately .Anyways its ur own wish ,time and again ,there have been talks comparing WordPress and Blogger so decide urself and make a wise choice..